The BGLC Tertiary Education Grant provides assistance for undergraduate tertiary students enrolled as a full time student at any accredited tertiary institution in Jamaica.
Assistance is in the form of contribution towards tuition fees.
Apply for a BGLC Education Grant
Before you start your application, please ensure you have the following documents ready to upload: Certified Copy of national photo ID
- Completed Writing Assignment (Click for details)
- 2nd to 4th year students – provide the latest available transcript reflecting GPA for at least 1 semester of the 2021-2022 academic year
- Entering 1st year – Provide your High School transcript along with your latest CAPE or CSEC Examination Certificate and the acceptance letter from the tertiary institution
- Give yourself adequate time to gather all your application documents.
- Request transcripts and other supporting documents early to ensure you have them in hand well before the deadline.
- Don’t procrastinate.
Apply early to ensure deadlines are not missed
Before you start the application, please ensure you have all the required documents ready to upload.
References may be from the following categories:
Justice of the Peace
• Officer of a Government Ministry or Agency (SEG 1 & above) • Consular Officer
• Attorney-at-law • Member of Parliament • Parish Councillor • Bank Manager • Credit Union Manager • Clerk of Courts • Marriage Officer • Army Officer (Major & above) • Dental Surgeon • Medical Practitioner • Police Officer (Gazetted Ranks) • Passport Officer • Veterinarian • Principal (Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Educational Institutions)
Prepare a Great Writing Assignment
Plan your writing assingment to ensurethe length does not exceed 500 words.
INSTRUCTIONS: Parents play a critical role in guiding children (under 18years) to avoid gambling. Write an essay outlining strategies that parents should employ to protect children under 18 years from the potential harms of underage gambling.
Your letter is not to include any expression of judgment or opinion about the fact that the person gambles. Assume that the friend or family member is over 18 and therefore legally able to participate in gambling.
Your letter will be evaluated based on
- Correct formatting for a formal letter
- Correct use of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Organization – key ideas presented in a logical, structured manner
- Quality of content